Monday, November 23, 2009

The bloggers were nestled all snug in their beds
While visions of blog posts danced in their heads.

And then they woke up and EVERY BRILLIANT IDEA WAS GONE.

Why oh why does this happen? Lately, when I can't fall asleep, I have visions of future post ideas dancing in my head. I've had 3 or 4 that I thought were great and wanted to file away to work on this month. Yet, every single time, when I wake up, they're gone. I remember the gist of some of them, but not the specific ideas about which I had planned to write.

Why oh why does my brain do this to me? I needed those ideas, damn it! Give them back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing! I'll even email myself the basic idea and forget the beautifully flowing sentences that were leaping out of my imagination when I finally sit down to write. We need to just get up and write, I guess.