Friday, July 03, 2009

All you need is love common sense.

Love is a great thing. Love is a useful thing. Love makes the world go round and all that crap.

Love, however, is not enough. In all matters, one must have common sense. I can't tell you how many couples (younger and older) I knew who opted to get married because they were in love. They overlooked lots of issues (large and small) because, "We're in love and that's all that matters." The vast majority of those people are no longer married today.

I see such a huge lack of common sense in the world today. People love fiercely. They love their spouse with all their heart. They smother their children with love. They love their diety of choice in a frightening manner. Yet they lack any common sense.

I admit that I, too, have wondered where the hell I left my common sense. I've had those moments. There's no denying that. My life, however, is not one big common sense vacuum. My religious beliefs, my political beliefs, my love is not a vacuum wherein no common sense can exist.

That, however, is not the case for many people and this scares the hell out of me.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ugh Common sense, where the heck did it all go? Shaking my head.

LOVE the name of your blog, reminds me of a 70's song! LOVE it.

Thanks so much stopping by and entering my giveaway ;). Good Luck!

I'm a new follower :). Muah, Lex